Located in north-central Oregon, Clackamas County is a scenic destination with a diverse collection of activities and attractions. Whether you’re looking to shop unique stores, browse museums or immerse yourself in the great outdoors, you’ll find plenty of great ways to spend your time. Here some of the top things to see and do while visiting.
- Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden: Discover a breathtaking assemblage of colorful flowers and rare plants at this beautiful botanical garden.
- Trillium Lake: Boat, fish and swim amid a stunning backdrop at this shimmering 63-acre lake, featuring campgrounds, hiking trails and a shoreline boardwalk.
- Timberline Lodge Ski Area: Enjoy one of the most unique and exciting high-alpine mountain experiences in North America, featuring some of the most skiable terrain in the Pacific Northwest.
- Lake Oswego Farmers’ Market: Held each Saturday from May to October at Millennium Plaza Park, this popular market showcases fresh, colorful produce from dozens of local vendors.
- Swan Island Dahlias: Enjoy an incredible sensory experience as you tour the largest and leading dahlia grower in the United States.
- World of Speed: Explore a diverse collection of historic muscle cars, racing cars and interactive exhibits at this fascinating museum dedicated to speedy travel.
- Salmon River Trail: A popular destination for nature lovers and anglers, this lovely area includes a beautiful river filled with Chinook and Coho salmon, Steelhead, Rainbow and Cutthroat trout.
- Mighty Molar: Trout have teeth on the roof of the mouth, which helps to distinguish them from salmon.
- Laurelhurst Park: Enjoy the lovely Oregon weather at this popular local gathering place, featuring a picnic area, basketball court, horseshoe pit, playground, soccer field, public art and volleyball court.