Located in central western Oregon, Corvallis is a lovely, tree-lined city known for its many hiking and mountain biking trails, rafting opportunities and golf courses. It’s also home to award-winning wineries, breweries, museums and galleries. Here are some of the best ways to spend your time while visiting.
- Oregon State University: Tour the beautiful campus of Oregon State University, one of the premier international public research universities in the northwest United States.
- Willamette Park and Natural Area: This popular local gathering place features open meadows and playing fields, along with a picnic shelter and children’s playground.
- Corvallis Farmers’ Market: Held every Saturday at 4th and Ellsworth from April to November, this popular event showcases a colorful array of locally produced fruits and vegetables.
- Siuslaw National Forest: Explore a wide variety of breathtaking ecosystems, ranging from sand dunes to lush coastal forests.
- Majestic Theater: Catch a live show at this iconic Corvallis theater with a rich history dating back nearly a century.
- Reser Stadium: Root on the hometown Oregon State Beavers as they butt heads with arch rivals from the Pacific-12 Conference.
- Spiritopia: Take a tour of this Corvallis brewing fixture and sample premium artisan ginger liqueurs and bourbon style apple brandies.
- Bald Hill Natural Area: This large park is a popular destination for hiking, bicycling and seasonal horseback riding.