Located at the southern edge of Las Vegas, Nevada, Henderson is a relaxed suburban alternative to America’s gambling capital. It’s also home to diverse attractions and activities, including museums, family attractions, outdoor recreation and great shopping. Here are some of the best ways to spend your time while visiting.
- Clark County Heritage Museum: Get a fascinating look at exhibits and artifacts that shed light on the people, cultures, history and heritage of southern Nevada.
- Lion Habitat Ranch: Enjoy guided tours and interactive feeding opportunities at this private animal sanctuary, featuring giraffes, lions and more.
- M Resort Casino: Situated in the shadow of the rugged Sloan Canyon, this sleek gambling destination offers everything from slots and video poker to blackjack, roulette and much more.
- Sloan Canyon National Conservation Area: Explore this beautifully bizarre landscape, which showcases thousands of rock carvings and petroglyph designs dating back millennia.
- Henderson Bird Viewing Preserve: Get an up-close look at colorful migrating birds, along with snakes, pond turtles, fluttering dragonflies, American ducks, lizards and hummingbirds
- Cowabunga Bay Water Park: Thrill the family at this popular water park, featuring steep slides, a Kid’s Cove, lazy river and wave pool.
- Las Vegas Distillery: Sample some of Sin City’s most iconic whiskeys at this fascinating distillery that dates back all the way to the roots of the Nevada brewing scene.
- Lake Las Vegas: Discover a breathtaking outdoor haven, where man-made beaches seamlessly mix with infinity pools right on the edge of the waters.