Part of the Kansas City Metropolitan Area, Lenexa is a welcoming destination with diverse activities and attractions. From cultural fascinations and historical sites to family fun and outdoor recreation, there’s something for all-comers. Here are some of the best ways to spend your time while visiting.
- Oak Park Mall: Get in some retail therapy at this sprawling shopping destination with 1,607,803 square feet of big brands and little-known gems.
- Overland Park Farmers Market: Discover an enticing selection of local foods, unique specialty items and locally grown produce at this 35-year-old public market.
- Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead: Enjoy turn-of-the-century family farm features, including a fishing pond, Dairy Barn, schoolhouse, horse rides, baby goat bottle feeding and more.
- Black Hoof Park and Lake Lenexa: This beautiful 160-acre park includes a children’s playground and beautiful 35-acre deep-water lake.
- Kansas City Automotive Museum: Marvel at nearly three dozen classic cars and enjoy interactive exhibits and seasonal events.
- Black Dog Coffeehouse: Enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, delectable light dishes and specialty coffee drinks at this popular Lenexa eatery.
- Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art: View unique exhibits and galleries at this popular cultural destination, located on the campus of Johnson County Community College
- Falcon Valley Golf Course: Hone your gold game at this beautifully designed course, featuring a number of challenging holes and a driving range.