A suburb of Reno, Sparks, Nevada is an inviting distraction from the vibrant casino scene. Whether you’re interested in outdoor activities, family fun or historic fascinations, there’s something waiting around every corner. Here are some of the best things to do while visiting.
- Sparks Marina Park: Enjoy diverse water activities or simply lounge on the beach and soak up the desert sun at this beautiful outdoor hotspot.
- Wild Island Family Adventure Park: Escape the Nevada heat at this wet and wild water park, featuring thrilling slides, a wave pool, lazy river and cabanas.
- Sierra Safari Zoo: Just minutes from Sparks, this animal zoo includes everything from exotic birds to lions to zebras and more.
- Rail City Casino: Test your luck with slots, video poker, blackjack, roulette and more at this thrilling gambling destination.
- Sparks Heritage Museum: Explore a fascinating collection of artifacts and exhibits showcasing Nevada’s storied history, which dates back hundreds of years.
- Outlets at Legend Sparks: Shop some of the biggest brands and discover plenty of little-known local gems at this popular outdoor retail destination.
- Animal Ark: Located a few minutes from Sparks in Reno, the Ark houses owls, cheetahs, bobcats, bears, raccoons and numerous other wounded or endangered animals.
- Red Hawk Golf and Resort: Tee off at this stunning 18-hole course, featuring challenges holes, manicured greens and sweeping views of the Spanish Springs Valley.