Situated in the mountains of Southern California, Tehachapi is a charming destination with a relaxing, unrushed atmosphere. Surrounded by wind energy, agriculture and fresh air, the city is home to local wineries, alpaca and ostrich ranches, along with a nice diversity of attractions for people of every age. Here are some of things you should see while visiting.
- Tehachapi Loop: Named for its circuitous route, this fascinating piece of engineering is one of the busiest single-track mainlines on the planet.
- Indian Point Ostrich Ranch: Thrill the family with a trip to this incredible local ranch and get up close to the largest birds on earth.
- Tehachapi Depot Railroad Museum: This popular attraction houses several collections of historic railroad artifacts, including antique railroad maintenance tools, equipment and historic photographs.
- Tehachapi Mountain Park: Explore over 5000 acres of breathtaking land, filled with campsites, scenic hiking trails, forest vegetation and beautiful local wildlife.
- Adorable Alpacas: Tour this boutique, eco-conscious ranch and see how exquisite fiber is harvested from elite, award-winning alpaca herds.
- Horse Thief Country Club: Tee off at this gorgeous golf course, featuring manicured greens, well-groomed fairways and incredible mountain views.
- Brite Lake: Enjoy great camping, hiking, fishing, and wildlife viewing, along with popular regional events, including Astronomy Club Star Parties and TVRPD’s Fishing Derby.
- Tehachapi Museum: Discover compelling exhibits and artifacts, showcasing the storied history of Tehachapi and the entire Southern California region.