We generally associate summertime with vacations and outdoor recreation. However, summer is also an ideal time to take care of your oral health. If you have a dental problem you’ve been putting off, here’s why you should go to the dentist this summer.
Why Go to the Dentist During the Summer?
There are a number of reasons why someone might prefer to visit the dentist during the summer months, including:
- Convenience: During the summer, busy schedules tend to lighten up. Because kids are out of school, it’s much easier for parents to make appointments that fit their schedules. Summer also provides a nice window where parents can schedule dental appointments before the pre-school rush of August and September.
- Less disruptive: Because it can come with considerable recovery time, oral surgery can be especially disruptive during the winter months when young people maintain very busy schedules. Summer is a great time for high school and college students to get their wisdom teeth removed. This allows them to recover without having to worry about falling behind in school due to missed classes.
- More time to adjust: The start of summer is also a great time for kids to get braces, since they have an opportunity to cope with physical and aesthetic changes. Many times, kids may need time to adjust to the feel and appearance of braces. Summer gives them a chance to do that before being thrust back into a school environment.
- More value: Since most insurance plans come with caps, it’s important to take advantage of your benefits before the end of the year. Likewise, if a plan comes with a deductible, you will want to make sure you are able to reach this threshold as early as possible, so you can maximize your benefits. Summer provides an excellent opportunity to do this, so you won’t have to pay as much out of pocket for other dental work you may need as you go into the holiday season.
- A brighter smile: A popular time for barbecues, weddings, vacations and other social engagements, summer puts the spotlight on your smile. Professional whitening treatments can help you put your best foot forward by giving you brighter, whiter teeth. Since some people require multiple treatments, it’s generally best to schedule a whitening consultation during the earliest part of the summer, so you can get the smile you want in time for your summer activities and events.
Schedule your appointment with your friendly, local, Gentle Dental dentist today!