March 11, 2020
Dear Valued Patient,
We consider you part of the InterDent family and your safety and well-being remains our highest priority. As the coronavirus (COVID-19) begins to have an increased impact on our communities, we feel that it is important to connect directly with you to share the steps we are taking to help keep you, our team members, and our communities safe and healthy. InterDent is closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 situation. At this time, all of our affiliated dental offices remain open to serve your oral healthcare needs. We assure you that our in-house hygiene and safety protocols have always been in accordance with or exceed the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) best practices.
What We Are Doing
Here are some details on how we are protecting our patients, clinicians and other team members and why you can continue to visit InterDent with the utmost confidence:
- In partnership with our suppliers and service partners, we have reinforced our material handling and our multi-step sterilization policies for all InterDent offices. As always, we are disinfecting our facilities with hospital grade solution, and all items are heat sterilized, disinfected, or disposed of between each use.
- We are re-emphasizing to our team members hand washing procedures in accordance with CDC recommendations.
- We have ensured that our team members have the necessary information to stay healthy, or to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- We are publishing additional company-wide protocols for extra vigilant hygienic practices.
What You Can Do
To help keep us all safe in light of the situation, here are some additional guidelines for you and your loved ones:
- If you or someone in your household is sick, or has been exposed to COVID-19, please stay home per CDC guidelines. We are happy to reschedule any appointments you have with us.
- If you have traveled to any of the countries identified by the CDC as having widespread sustained (ongoing) transmission of COVID-19, please contact us to determine if it is best to reschedule an appointment.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the restroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, and face.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, followed by washing your hands.
A good resource to go to for additional information and to check for updates as the situation continues to evolve is the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. We will remain in close contact with the CDC and state and county health departments for updates, resources, and information, and we will continue to communicate as the situation evolves. Based on the guidance of various health agencies, our own preparedness, and the strength of our operations, we are confident that our dental practices continue to be safe so that you can feel comfortable visiting us for high quality dental care. Should you have any questions or concerns, please call us directly at 1-800-900-7923.
We are privileged to call you our patient, and remain committed to you and your oral health. You can continue to rely on us.
The InterDent Team