At Gentle Dental, creating healthy, confident smiles is our mission. Our safe and trusted dental technologies help our dentists take care of your daily dental needs, enhance your smile, and make your visit to the dentist more pleasant and comfortable. These technologies also offer new solutions to traditional dentistry, streamlining the process for the benefit of all. Keep reading to learn more about five of the dental technologies we offer.
- 3D Digital Dentistry – At Gentle Dental, our dentists and orthodontists use the iTero 3D scanning technology to create a precise 3D picture of your teeth and soft tissue structures. Your mouth is scanned with a radiation-free laser that uses hundreds of focal points to create a full scan in less than three minutes. For patients who want to have a comfortable, accurate picture of their mouth with no messy impressions, the iTero technology is a preferred tool.
- Intraoral Cameras – The intraoral camera is a powerful tool for dentists. The intraoral camera is located on the tip of an intraoral wand and transmits real-time video. With an intraoral camera, your dentist can examine an enlarged image of your individual tooth or mouth on a computer monitor. This process reveals details that may be missed during a standard examination with a mirror and the naked eye. For example, the camera’s clearly defined images may reveal defects in your teeth and other parts of the oral cavity. Therefore, intraoral cameras can help your dentist uncover dental problems before they become more serious.
- Laser Dentistry – Laser dental treatment is a high-energy light technology used to perform precise dental procedures. This painless technology enables your dentist to eliminate decay in your teeth and remove or reshape your soft-tissue or hard-tissue. The benefits of laser dentistry include reduced pain, faster healing, less damage to surrounding tissue, and reduced risk of infection. Since there’s little to no pain and no need for anesthesia, multiple procedures can be scheduled for a patient on the same visit.
- Digital X-Rays – Radiography with X-ray is an important tool for identifying and diagnosing dental issues. With the advent of computer technology, digital radiography has begun to replace traditional dental X-rays as a more effective tool for examining your teeth, jaw, and skull. Digital X-rays are able to capture data that can be immediately processed and transferred to a computer system. They also produce 80% less radiation than traditional X-rays.
- Invisalign Smileview Simulator – The Smileview Simulator is a computer-generated simulation of what your smile may look like after Invisalign treatment. Within 60 seconds of taking a smiling selfie, prospective patients can provide a simulation of the patient’s projected outcome. If you would like to take a quick look at your possible Invisalign treatment results, check out Gentle Dental’s Smileview Simulator on your smartphone.
Final Word: We are always looking for new and emerging technologies to make our patient experience as comfortable as possible. If you are looking to gain a more comprehensive understanding of your dental health, book an appointment with one of our experienced dentists today and find out how we can help you achieve your oral health goals.