Who We Are
Capitol Dental Care (CDC) contracts with the State of Oregon and Oregon’s Coordinated Care Organizations to provide oral health services to members of the Oregon Health Plan.
CDC provides oral health services through a network of affiliated offices and independent panel providers. This network of general dentists, specialists and hygienists provide the dental benefits covered by the Oregon Health Plan to CDC members.
CDC is dedicated to our members ensuring that each individual has a dental home and supporting them in getting the dental care appropriate to their need.
Capitol Dental Care is committed to preventing dental disease and improving the oral and systemic health of children and low income patients. We create access to quality care, use evidence-based methods and provide dental leadership within the communities we serve.
Capitol Dental Care strives to achieve the Quadruple Aim
- Improving the health of our members
- Providing a better member experience
- Reducing the cost of care
- Increasing the care-team satisfaction
- Since 2010 CDC has been the provider for over 850,000 Oregonians
- 48% of the members are under the age of 19
- Our oldest member was 113
- Average Length of Membership is 3.4 years
- 42% of the members receive at least one service per year
- 5-year study shows that teeth sealed on members ages 5-9 have up to 42% fewer cavities.
- Providing preventive services in community settings such as apartment complexes, grab and go free lunch sites and WIC Centers.
- Provides dental sealants in over 100 schools
- Helps Head start sites with their required dental assessments
- Co-locates Expanded Practice Dental Hygienists in Medical Clinics and hospitals
- Leader in the use of tele-dentistry