April 27, 2020
Dear Valued Patient,
We consider you part of the InterDent family and your safety and well-being remains our highest priority. As we begin to reopen our practices beyond just urgent care, we are taking all precautions to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients and staff.
While the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation is far from over, other needs including maintaining and restoring oral health must be met. As such, most of our office locations in Arizona, Hawaii, Kansas, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon and Washington are now open. Some hygiene procedures have been limited but otherwise most non-urgent and routine care, as well as emergency services, are now available. Limitations may still apply in California.
Our policies and procedures have changed for safety and continue to meet or exceed U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines as well as those set by each of the States in which we operate.
What We Are Doing
Here are some details on how we are protecting our patients, clinicians and other team members and why you can continue to visit Gentle Dental or SmileKeepers with the utmost confidence:
- In partnership with our suppliers and service partners, we have reinforced our material handling and our multi-step sterilization policies for all InterDent offices. As always, we are disinfecting our facilities with hospital grade solution, and all items are heat sterilized, disinfected, or disposed of between each use.
- We are re-emphasizing to our team members hand washing procedures in accordance with CDC recommendations.
- We have ensured that our team members have the necessary information to stay healthy, or to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- We are publishing additional company-wide protocols for extra vigilant hygienic practices.
- We are screening all patients to reduce the risk of patients coming in who are infected with COVID-19.
- We are taking the temperature of all team members and patients before entering the premises.
- All of our team members are wearing masks and we ask that patients wear their own masks or facial covering such as a scarf.
- We have the reception area seating arranged to meet social distancing requirements and are also allowing patients to wait in their vehicle after check-in, instead of the reception area, if they prefer.
- We are wiping down the front counter, reception, restroom and other common area surfaces with an EPA registered disinfectant every hour.
What You Can Do
To help keep us all safe in light of the situation, here are some additional guidelines for you and your loved ones:
- If you or someone in your household is sick with a fever and/or symptoms associated with COVID-19, or has been exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days, please stay home per CDC guidelines. We are happy to reschedule any appointments you have with us.
- If you have traveled to any of the countries identified by the CDC as having widespread sustained (ongoing) transmission of COVID-19 within the last 14 days, please contact us to determine if it is best to reschedule an appointment.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the restroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, and face.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, followed by washing your hands.
A good resource to go to for additional information and to check for updates as the situation continues to evolve is the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. We will remain in close contact with the CDC and state and county health departments for updates, resources, and information, and we will continue to communicate as the situation evolves. Based on the guidance of various health agencies, our own preparedness, and the strength of our operations, we are confident that our dental practices continue to be safe so that you can feel comfortable visiting us for high quality dental care. Should you have any questions or concerns, please call us directly at 1-800-900-7923.
We are privileged to call you our patient, and remain committed to you and your oral health. You can continue to rely on us.
The InterDent Team