Founded by Dentists
InterDent was founded over 30 years ago by a group of dentists who realized that they could better focus on patient care if they retained business professionals to provide administrative and business support. Today, under the brands “Gentle Dental” and “SmileKeepers,” InterDent provides business services to approximately 200 practices in eight states including Arizona, California, Hawaii, Kansas, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon and Washington.
Our mission is to provide the best business support to our affiliated practices in order for them to deliver quality clinical services and achieve the high levels of oral health and patient satisfaction that their patients deserve.
As pioneers in the field of Dental Service Organizations, InterDent’s success flows from decades of experience supporting affiliated dental practices and their patients. Currently InterDent:
- Provides business support services to nearly 200 affiliated practices
- Is affiliated with more than 475 dentists
- Coordinates more than one million patient visits annually
- Supports trusted brands including: Gentle Dental, SmileKeepers, Capitol Dental and Blue Oak
As a leading Dental Service Organization, InterDent provides a large network of resources, including experienced non-clinical office staff and corporate support services such as:
- Education & training coordination
- Management information and reporting systems
- Expert support services including but not limited to accounting, marketing, call center, IT, and revenue cycle management
- National vendor contracts yielding tangible economies of scale for supplies, equipment, laboratory services and information systems
- A full suite of HR services including recruiting, training, compensation, and benefits